Writer's Re-Treat: Baked Apples

I've been busting my butt today at the computer and I thought it was time for a break so I threw a few ingredients together for a writing treat. It turned out so well I thought I'd share it with you. You've worked hard, right? You've written pages upon pages for your big project. You deserve a break, yes, you do.

The baked apples are a perfect little reward for good writing that is great on cold nights with a cup of coffee or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Toss it together, throw it in the oven, get back to writing and in 20 minutes you have a great writer's re-treat.

*Don't make this recipe if you aren't writing or you'll be stricken with guilt.

Preheat oven to 375F.
Grease a loaf pan.
Chop two Granny Smith apples and put in the pan.
In a bowl, crush a cup of corn flakes (or other cereal) and mix with two tablespoons sugar and a half teaspoon cinnamon.
Sprinkle the mix over your apples. Set pats of butter (two tablespoons total) over the mix.
Put in oven uncovered and bake for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment