Day 2: Great, Gross Things That Need Names

It's NaNo day 2 and your word count goal by today is 3,333. Are you there yet? I hit 3726 and my brain has shut down.

For me, the best part/surprise of the day was a scene I wrote about a crazy, old woman hysterically chanting and doing freaky witchy things. When I wrote about her, I actually sat there cringing and pulling my face away from the computer, and yet, I couldn't stop typing this scene.

It was truly fantastic. I was so fully engaged in the process that this nasty, leaf spitting woman was actually getting to me.

I don't know if you've had these experiences in your writing before, but I hope you have. If you haven't, I hope you have one this year, this month. They don't come around often, but when they are there, they are bitter and delicious at the same time.

We need a name for moments like these. Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment